WHO IS A ZONTIAN
Zontians are a culturally diverse group of women and men, representing 64 countries around the globe, who share a commitment to working for women's rights and gender equality. They are professionals and executives from a wide array of sectors - architects, educators, engineers, entrepreneurs, lawyers, doctors, pilots, government officials and more. As a member of an individual Zonta club, Zontians all over the world work to advance the status of women through various service, advocacy and fund-raising efforts to support the main objectives of Zonta, which are:
- To improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women at the global and local level through service and advocacy.
- To work for the advancement of understanding, goodwill and peace through a fellowship of executives in business and the professions.
- To promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- To be united internationally to foster high ethical standards, to implement service programs and to provide mutual support and fellowship for members who serve their communities, their nations and the world.
In addition to the millions of dollars that Zonta International donates to international service projects and educational programs, Zontians commit hundreds of service hours and thousands of dollars to a wide-range of women-focused community service projects such as:
- Supporting shelters for survivors of domestic violence.
- Establishing micro-credit programs to help women start small businesses.
- Empowering girls through educational assistance.
- Informing and encouraging women facing cultural and linguistic barriers about the early detection, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
- Sponsoring Z Clubs and Golden Z Clubs for high school, college and university students.
To learn more about membership in Zonta International and complete a prospective member questionnaire, please click here.