2019 Emma L. Conlon Service Award winners
We congratulate this year's winners of the Service Award.
Golden Z Club Recipients
- 1st Place: Golden Z Club of Colombo I, Sri Lanka, District 25
- 2nd Place: Hong Kong University Student's Union Golden Z Club, Hong Kong, District 17
- 3rd Place: St. Therese-MTC Colleges Golden Z Club, Philippines, District 17
- Awarded to Golden Z club chartered less than two years: University of the Philippines (UP) Diliman Golden Z Club, Philippines, District 17
Z Club Recipients
- 1st Place: Sacred Heart Canossian College (SHCC) Z Club, Hong Kong, District 17
- 2nd Place: CIS (Chadwick International School) Z Club, Hong Kong, District 17
- 3rd Place: North Park Z Club, Canada, District 4
- Awarded to Golden Z club chartered less than two years: Shenton College Z Club, Australia, District 23
The Emma L. Conlon Service Award recognizes those Z and Golden Z clubs whose projects and programs best express the ideals of Zonta International to empower women through local and international service and advocacy. The awards, named in honor of Past International President Emma L. Conlon, who graciously underwrote the awards, were established in 1961 at the Zonta International Convention in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
First, second and third place awards are given to both Z and Golden Z clubs. First place clubs receive US$1,000; second place clubs receive US$500; and third place clubs receive US$250. An additional award of US$250 is awarded to one Z club and one Golden Z club that have been chartered for less than two years. The award money is to be used for the clubs' service projects.
Z and Golden Z clubs must submit one service project in any of the three categories listed below.
- School Service
- Community Service
- International Service
Z and Golden Z club members will submit their applications, which include the signature of their sponsoring Zonta club president, to Zonta International Headquarters. The Zonta International Z and Golden Z Club Committee recommends eight recipients (4 Z clubs and 4 Golden Z clubs) to the Zonta International Board for approval in June.
All application materials must be received by 30 April 2020. Applications that are incomplete or late due to postal delays, transmittal by third parties, or other circumstances will not be considered. Submit a completed application to:
Zonta International Headquarters
Attn: Martina Gamboa, Programs Senior Coordinator
1200 Harger Road
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523
or via email to email@example.com