As an organization that seeks to empower women through service and advocacy, Zonta International believes it is important to recognize its clubs and districts for their outstanding service projects that benefit women in their communities. The Zonta Service Recognition Award was established during the 2012-2014 Biennium to highlight the incredible service work Zontians perform to improve the lives of women and girls in communities across the globe. The Award is given at the end of each biennium at the International Convention, and recognizes six of the most outstanding service projects sponsored by clubs and up to three service projects sponsored by districts.
The 2018 winners are below:
- District 17 (Violence Against Women - Free Community Starts with Me Project)
- District 15 (Service and Advocacy for Victims of Sexual Assault Project)
- District 31 (Cross Border Service Through Fellowship between Zontians Project)
- Zonta Club of Niagara Falls, NY, District 4 (It's Not Your Fault - Sexual Assault is a Crime Project)
- Zonta Club of Bourgas, District 30 (Academy for Young Women Project)
- Zonta Club of Houston, District 10 (The Women's Home Vocational Training Service Project)
- Zonta Club of Kaohsiung Yu-Hsiuan, District 31 (Yu-Hsiuan Says NO to Violence Against Women Project)
- Zonta Club of Laguna, District 17 (From a Dumpsite to a Community Center Project)
- Zonta Club of Punta del Este-Maldonado, Region South America (Prevention of Teenage Pregnancy, Violence & Abuse Project)
View a presentation with details on the winning projects here.