District 29 celebrates the Zonta Spirit at conference
At their conference, District 29, England, France, Germany, Guadeloupe, the Netherlands and Spain, had a wonderful weekend filled with the Zonta Spirit at Le Harve, France.
For Governor Christine Mousset, the event was extraordinary, as about 140 Zontians came together to celebrate our shared values and commitment to the Zonta mission. It was a two-day event filled with remarkable unity, empowerment and inspiration, where the Zonta Spirit shone brightly. Christine gives a special thank you to the Zonta Club of Le Havre, who organized the affair.
Throughout the conference, the district focused on key aspects integral to Zonta's mission:
- Their collective values and commitment
- They recognized and celebrated their awardees and the participation of five accomplished laureates. Each individual has their unique stories and journeys.
- They need to integrate young professionals into their clubs to ensure that the future of Zonta remains bright.
- Knowing the power of effective communication and increased visibility.
- Their dedication to the Zonta Foundation for Women resulted in an outstanding collection of €4.430,20, approximately US$4,740 in the first 1.5 days.
- They celebrated the joyous inauguration of two new clubs.
- They listened to enlightening speeches from two extraordinary non-Zontian speakers: Freshta Karimi, an Afghan lawyer, and Dr. Ghada Hatem-Gantzer, a passionate advocate against all forms of violence against women.
- They engaged in workshops and a Zonta World Café, which focused on topics such as membership, advocacy and fundraising that generated a wealth of innovative ideas for their clubs to explore.
The conference also allowed Zontians across the district to highlight their remarkable contributions, the exceptional work of their committees and the inspiring stories that illustrate the essence of Zonta. The district's journey continues, and they are excited about the opportunities ahead. Together, they will have a lasting impact on the lives of women and girls!