The Zonta Club of Central Tuguegarao, Philippines, is a member of the Regional-Inter-Agency Council on Violence Against Women and their Children (RIAC-VAWC).
On 21 October 2021, a virtual meeting was held where RIAC-VAWC members and affiliates reported their accomplishments for the third quarter of 2021. In their reports, the club highlighted events such as:
- A Facebook talkshow called All About Eve where the club aired four shows featuring stories of female community leaders, female senior citizens, young mothers and the challenges of being a mother.
- For Nutrition Month, the club hosted a webinar on 24 July 2021 to focus on proper nutrition for breastfeeding mothers. Speakers for the webinar included individuals from the National Nutrition Council and the Yena, a group of breastfeeding mothers.
- The club also hosted a breastfeeding photo contest during Nutrition Month.
- The club assisted and counseled eight young women needing legal, financial and health assistance. A club member was assigned to every woman or girl to interview them, assess their needs and refer them to the appropriate agencies for further help.
- The club taught 11 young mothers how to make longganisa sausages for extra income.
The club believes that the fight against all forms of violence, especially those against women and children, is won by uniting and striving to be a stronger force. It is by sharing plans, strategies, achievements and goals that communities have the power to eradicate the crime.